This has been a summer with many great adventures, and some not so great adventures. As you can see in the pics from my previous posts those were the great parts of our summer. During all of these vacations, Bug was battling some sort of infection, and had been on antibiotics two different times. While we were at the beach she finished her second set of medicine and was feeling great, then we came home and we were going to head back up to the cabin, and she started in with a high fever again. We called our doctor on Sunday morning and he advised us to go to the emergency room and have some tests done. Here are some photo's of our journey over the past 4 days.

Here we are in the Emergency Room at Mountain View Hospital awaiting a battery of tests.

Here, Bug is having a spinal tap done. Prior to starting the procedure the doctor told her that he would give her something so she wouldn't remember anything after he was done.
Her little chin started to quiver, and her eyes filled with tears and she said to the doctor, "You mean I won't remember my mom and dad anymore?"  It was the saddest thing I had ever heard. Of course he reassured her that she would remember us and would only forget the procedure.

Her tests included a cat scat, stomach x-ray, chest x-ray, spinal tap, and urine and blood cultures.  During this time her fever spiked up to 104 degrees and their attempts to bring it down would not work, and then after about 3 hours it disappeared, only to return again 3 hours later.  It was really quite baffling.  The ER doctor felt like she needed to be admitted into a hospital with a pediatric wing, which Mountain View does not have (good to know for the future) so they transferred her to Summerlin Hospital.

Of course the first item on the agenda when we got to Summerlin Hospital was to get Bug a Priesthood Blessing, so Mooch called our good friend Davis McKay and he came right over and helped Mooch with that.  Thanks Davis!!

Our stay at Summerlin was met with 4 more series of blood tests, that of course were each drawn in the middle of the night......Go figure!!  I have never quite understood why they do that.  All of the tests that were done at Mountain View ER came back negative, HOORAY!  However, the blood work showed some "inflammation" somewhere in her body, that after 4 days in the hospital and all the tests they ran, they never did find the source of.  Very frustrating to say the least.  They finally sent us home on Wednesday afternoon, still with no answers, but she had finally been fever free for over 24 hours so they felt that she was safe to leave.

It wasn't all needles and horrible food though!!  She had many phone calls and visitors while she was there that most definitely helped to lift her spirits.  Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Her sister's Aimee and Mady and friend Victoria.

Our friend and neighbor, Kathy Moffat.

Friend, Emma Nelson.

Our wonderful Bishopric.

Good friends, Greg and Melissa Bowman.


Annie said...

I am so glad that she is ok. I am so sorry that you have had to go through this. It is so difficult to have sick children. I hope she stays well.

Janae' said...

Oh my gosh!!! You should have never left the good ocean air. I think that is a sign for next time :) I am so happy she is feeling better. I'm sad you all had to go through this. I miss you bad and wish I could give you a good skitzo hug....both of you!

Loves to you. You are forgiven for not returning my texts and messages.

Mady said...

Oh my gosh! What a crazy week this has been!!


Kathy's Boys said...

Just got home from California too. Just checking blogs and read yours. So sorry to hear about Bugs and hope she is doing better. How scary! Thinking about you guys. Love ya!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

thanks for {visiting}