5.19.2011

perfectly {accidental}

I don't even remember how I found it, but I came across this blog, A Brush of Whimsy, and was {instantly} entranced with her talents. She refinishes old {vintage} furniture, and on this particular post, she described in detail, the process of how to do it....it was so easy....I {thought}....I can do this!


I've had this old sewing machine cabinet that was my grandmothers,

sitting in a corner of my back room for years, but I've never really known what to do with it. At one point I asked my mother if she wanted it, and she said no, and then I even considered giving it to Salvation Army, but I really couldn't part with it for {sentimental} reasons. Structurally, it was in great shape, but the finish was less than desirable....so, it just sat in my back room, {collecting} dust....until now! I pulled it out, ran to Home Depot....and then.....




{ta da}

I actually did it!  I actually saw something that appeared {impossibly} too...impossible for me to achieve, and rather than convince myself that I was incapable of such creative abilities, I looked the {possibility} of failure square in the eye and.... I won!!  Grandmother would be so proud that I have {resurrected} her once forgotten little {jewel}, and that it is now, {proudly} I might add, displayed in my home:)

I'm like an {addict} now....checking Craigs List every day....and yes....even searching Salvation Army thrift stores....looking for the {perfect} little treasure....running through the house {searching} for things that I can transform.

My next find was this table.

{before}

{after}



I'm starting out {simple} while I get my feet wet, but who knows where this will lead.


I'd {love} to know what you think.....seriously!

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

Hey! It's been a while. Your furniture is very nice! You are talented. If you run out of room we have a new empty house to decorate. haha. jk. You think we'd at least have artwork on our walls. How are you guys doing? What have you been up to?

Alec and Tiffany said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! ~ACR

Stephanie Collins said...

AWESOME!!! I think both pieces turned out beautifully! Keep it up! I love the vintage look!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Kelli,
Awww...What a nice surprise to read your mention of me! How sweet you are!

You did an awesome job! I can't believe they were your first projects! The sewing table would have to be my favorite! I love the distressing!

I'm glad you decided to tell yourself that you could do it! I had NO idea what I was doing when I started last fall, but I've learned so much from other furniture bloggers, and know that you will, too! On one girl's blog she had a saying that said, "If a human has done it before, than there's a 95% chance that you can, too!" I had to remind myself of that alot and still do! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

thanks for {visiting}