1.04.2012

Winter in the Desert!

Like most people, I have made resolutions and set goals for myself for this new year, and one of those is to get my lazy butt outdoors each day for some exercise.  As much as I hate exercising, I am committed to improving my physical health this year.  I have attempted, and failed at an exercise regimen  many times, so I have decided to not look at it as exercise, and more like a daily adventure, taking photos along the way to record my journey.  Today's adventure began at Redrock Canyon, a breathtaking desert oasis just minutes outside Las Vegas.  For those of you who live in the mountains, or in some place tropical, this picture may look like the surface of the moon to you, but trust me when I say that this photo does not do it justice.  These mountains are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.  The temperature was a perfect 58 degrees, and the sun was shining.  Las Vegas kicks "Old Man Winter's" @r$e!  I can handle a few months of sweltering 120 degree heat, if this is what I get through most of the winter.

Every one's got the fever!




I mean really, its the first week of January and I get to see this on my walk this morning!  How cool is that?



It's like the whole city was celebrating my new lease on life and encouraging me along the way.


I'm only on day three of my New Year's goal, but the benefits are already beginning to happen....I FEEL SO GOOD!  I realize that nothing worthwhile comes easy (at least that's what my parents used to tell me), or without challenges, and overcoming those challenges is what separates the "men from the boy's", right"?  


Obstacle #1
I'm self diagnosing here, but I think it's tendinitis, and it hurts really bad :( But if you look closely at my sock, it says "Champion" on it, and that's what I feel like :)



1 comment:

eleven-o-one said...

That is beautiful! I've only been to Vegas once (in December) and I thought it was really beautiful but I was surprised how cold it was, too. Sorry about your ankle/leg/foot - whatever was hurting. I love your champion attitude! Keep up the good work. And keep taking those beautiful pictures. I love seeing what life is like in other parts of the country.
Fran

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

thanks for {visiting}