5.05.2008

SPRING......MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR :-)


I would have to say that spring is my favorite time of year. I love the flowers, the warmer weather, the birds chirping, and the nights....oh the nights. They are some of the best, sleeping with your windows open, it's still a little chilly but comfortable with a light jacket on, and I love how it stays lighter longer (my kids don't, at least not till school is out). But like anything else, there is always the down side. For me it is allergies with a nose that constantly runs, and don't forget that terrible sore throat that I get each year, but I think even worse than those two things is SPRING CLEANING.....Yuk!!! Who wants to clean when the weather is so beautiful, but boy, it sure feels good when it is all done, or is it ever really done? Now that I have taken on the task of doing my own house cleaning.......I know, I know, I've lost my mind, I am more aware than ever of all the nooks and crannies of my house, and there are a ton of them. It will take me clear till next spring to get it all done, only to start over again. It has started me thinking, something that I try to avoid most of the time, but--does anyone really care if you have dust on the tops of your door jambs, or a dirty toy closet, or junk drawers that are "junky". I mean, I know it is important to do the regular stuff, like dusting, vacuuming, mopping, bathrooms, windows, etc., etc., but does that other stuff really matter? Or, as I like to say and my Skitzo's will attest, the dust will be there tomorrow, but missed opportunities with my family and friends, you cannot have back. So if you ever find yourself in my home, I hope that you will "pardon my dust" so to speak, and lets make some memories, because the dust will still be there tomorrow.

1 comment:

Janae' said...

I'm glad you came to your senses!

You threw me under the dust today...haha I crack myself up :)

Tomorrow...lunch...dirt ot no dirt

Skitzo Janae'

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

thanks for {visiting}